Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fire Escape Melodies

I forget what that woman looked like--
     Blonde
     Brunette?
     Brown eyes
     Blue?

but I have not forgotten the look she gave me -- a look like magic.

A cigarette dangled precariously from the corner of your mouth -- I snatched it away to smoke it myself as I watched the city turn around trying to find from where your voice wafted. No one thought to look up . . . Except for her.

As she pulled her bike onto the sidewalk beneath us, her gaze met mine through the bars of the fire escape -- and like she was fully aware of all the love we were in, she smiled at me, as you, unaware, strummed your guitar furiously.




---------------------------------------------

I've been getting in the short story mood, but I am not very good a length, just narratives of passing moments. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment